13 October 2008

Segregation Reborn

Chicago may get 'gay-friendly' high school.

Just when you thought we could not become more stupid! Hello? While I may not agree with the lifestyle of those in the homosexual community, I see separation in this context as many steps backwards. So, do we do the same for Whites, Blacks and Hispanics? Do we create schools for people who are pet friendly? What about the languages? Where do we stop?

Instead of trying to see if we can adapt to co-exist, we immediately throw in the towel and send the message to our kids, that we should do the same with all who are different and it breeds intolerance.

7 comments:

  1. I am no fan of segregation, but if we are going to have it at all, I would just as soon it be them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am no fan of any type of segregation; so I'll suggest something better for those that seem to feel they need a different environment in order to succeed;two words come to mind...HOME-SCHOOLING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly. Let them do home schooling. There's one problem with that though - many parents are too lazy, uneducated or both to bother with it.

    I'm not for segregation either, but if they want their own schools perhaps we should let them have them. That may be the only way to stop them from infecting our children with their liberal ideas on alternative life-styles.

    Neo, I'm not a homophobe, but I don't like the idea of gay marriage being pushed down our throats, or small children attending the wedding of their lesbian teacher, which I saw on the news yesterday. Neither do I like the idea of the words "Mom" and "Dad" being removed from primers in some schools, which has already happened, or books being given to the kids to read about gays in love. Being gay is being made to look trendy, and I've known kids who have announced they are "gay" just because they think it's cool! Two of them are grown up now and by the hot looking chicks they are running around with, I don't believe they are gay at all. They simply thought it was a cool thing to say. Children are so impressionable.

    What's the answer? The answer is responsible parents, but that seems to be an old-fashioned idea that's been pretty dead for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gayle, you know the more I look at this I don't see where the parents have even asked that a separate school be devised, but the school administration.

    Rearing children the old-fashion way? Wow, why doesn't someone from the school system recommend that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when the gays fought being quarantined during the AIDS epidemic? Isn't this kind of what these students are doing? Quarantining themselves? This is totally through the looking glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If gays want equality, then segregating themselves is not the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. shoprat, remember, if we start with one group, where does it end?

    ihs, yes Homeschooling is an option but how would the child function because the gov't would not be assisting the family in anyway and they'd be to busy focusing on themselves than educating their child.

    gayle, so right about the parents issue! Most parents out there want the gov't to do their jobs. They don't want to talk to their kids about God, sex and reality but they're happy for the gov't and schools to do their jobs! Hogwash, you bring the child into this world, you take care of that child until they have to take care of themselves. If you interfere, than you take the child and not tax me one red cent! And I do not think you're a homophobe! it's really sad that conservatives are forced to begin every comment with that. Why? Because the left has communicated that any discerning or thought provoking conversations about gays are deem hateful and intolerant. IDIOTS!

    pcc, it won't stop here. Think about the uneducated and not so fortunate by willful ignorance who will be the firsts to resort to savagery when the economy worsens. The "have-nots" will be the campaign for the left until the haves become the have-nots

    mccainpalin, your statement is true and logic, but I am sorry, such clear thinking is completely unacceptable from the left.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.