09 October 2008

Honored in words and not action

As a Christian, I don't always get it right. I never said I was perfect. But I sometimes wonder how is it that miss what He wants for me? So, I will look at the words of someone who doesn't know how to follow instructions and see if I can draw the parallel (underlines added by me).

...I concur with you that I don't always have to have an answer and that I don't always have to know what's going on. Then again, may be that's the lesson that the Lord wants me to learn. You see, I have a very inquisitive mind that is always "trying" to understand everything and always "seeking" answers. "Be still and know that He is God" you told me. Thank you for your perception and for your Godly counsel.

I"ve been up all night, praying. I have prayerfully written these words to you starting at 3:36 am (I wrote in my notebook). I thank the Lord because although I found the words and the tone difficult to swallow (medicine don't usually taste good anyway and God knows that I needed this to spiritually grow in that area), I realize that you were in fact ministering to me and not using what I wrote against me. The lesson: I don't always have to have an answer and I don't always have to know what's going on.

Once again, thank you for reminding me to "Be still and know that He is God."


"Be still and know that He is God" is Bible folks. And it really works! Using the example of the thing above, you see a lack in wanting to say, "Okay, I got it. Applying now." But, notice that if the principle was understood, sleeplessness would not be an issue.

Within a 24-hour period of time of correspondences, I had to laugh at the following introduction to another message:

I sincerely thank you for your forgiveness. On the other hand,...

In other words, your counsel and compassion were noted, but not accepted. "Then again," and "On the other hand" show that you can drag the mule to feeder... I remember this awesome quote, "A person convinced against their will, is a person unconvinced still!"

Isn't this what we do to God? We try to make something that's not there what we want and expect God to condone it because we either physically or spiritually nodded our heads. Meanwhile, we never grew one bit. We never planned to implement "CHANGE" because we are not going to. We just deluded ourselves into thinking we are something that we are not.

Just like in this political forum, people on both sides of the aisle have to do some serious introspection and evaluate themselves to see are they connecting only with "words and not action." Sadly, after talking with so many unintelligent people, I retract my earlier post about everyone needing to vote. Because too many dimwitted people will go pull the lever for a Obama believing his message of "CHANGE" when he has done nothing but the status quo. I think the ones who can't get a hint only prove that they are the product of inbreeding, something not God authored, just God allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.