Disclaimer: Christianity's biggest enemies are its followers. This doesn't mean that system isn't effective, it's just that Christians often have problems following its perfect instructions. On the issues that Bible addresses, I believe it is imperative that Christians and non-Christians should adhere. But does the Bible has something specifically to say about every topic?
Politics
I have made my rantings over the years have not been ashamed to talk about politics and my leaning (Christian Conservative Father who is American). I have shared my likes and dislikes about candidates who run for office. When it comes down to pulling the lever for me, my choice is based upon which candidate (not party) lines up with where I believe the Bible directs me. And all Christians "should" make their decisions according to the same manner.Ultimately, no one can force another individual to vote or not vote, though I wish the Obamites would stay home, LOL! It is your right, no matter your political affiliation or bent, to vote for the candidate you have chosen (NOBAMA! LOL!). So, when a Christian tries to jam themselves down your throat, let them know that your decision is for you to know and your liberty.
It is understood that one should be motivated to find the individual who is most likely to be lined up with the characteristics of a godly individual. Ultimately, God will have the person of His choice in office. That person could be a person of blessing to the country or a person of judgment. But this does not remove Christians from the responsibility to vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!
To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.