
One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque. It was cove red with names and small American flags mounted on either side of it. The six-year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly, 'Good morning Alex.'
'Good morning Pastor,' he replied, still focused on the plaque. 'Pastor, what is this? '
The pastor said, 'Well son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service.' Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque. Finally, little Alex's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear asked,
'Which service, the 8:30 or the 10:30?'
LOL! Adults must be extremely careful when talking to children.
ReplyDeleteHa! Nice.
ReplyDeleteI hate to bore with a story from my life, but I was watching the Reagan funeral procession with my son who was 6 at the time. I noticed that my son was holding back tears and was amazed that this TV event had so profoundly effected him, so I asked, "What's wrong, little man?"
He said, "Dad, I thought you told me that when people died they would go to heaven."
"Yes," I said.
"Then why is he in a box!"
Kids think some amazing things.
Gayle, my son (soon to be 9( has said so many funny things that we actually have every last one of them memorized so that we can laugh years later because they were so funny.
ReplyDeletekhaki elephant, that was great. I think we should create a blog solely for the purpose of recording funny things kids say.