The "seven swans a-swimming" refers to the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord.*
I chuckle often when I think about how God looks at us. We puff up ourselves thinking that we have it all together or know it all and we haven't the foggiest idea of what we're doing! It is said we are only using 10 percent of our brains. Well when we connect the other 90 percent in; we'd see how stupid we really are and that God is who He says He is. I believe we could make it to the other 90 percent. However, we need to commit ourselves 100 percent to God before He gives you full access to all of your brain.
I pray that today, the Lord will help every person to realize dumb we really are and cry out to Jesus Christ.
God bless you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
NEO, SOC
* - I don't know how valid that this was the meaning behind this carol, but if it brings us back to remembering why we celebrate the time, then so be it!
Have a happy New Year, Neo. God bless!
ReplyDelete