25 December 2008

On the First Day of Christmas

The partridge in a pear tree is Christ Jesus upon the Cross. In the song, Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge because she would feign injury to decoy a predator away from her nestlings. She was even willing to die for them.

The tree is the symbol of the fall of the human race through the sin of Adam and Eve. It is also the symbol of its redemption by Jesus Christ on the tree of the Cross.*


Hence, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. I was at Target yesterday and the place was a sea of cars of people buying last minute gifts (I was there to pickup, tortilla chips, and ginger ale: making tachos). Many of us (Christians) are sad to see how commercialized this time has become. But, I know that this day is supposed to be celebrated as the day my Saviour was born so He could die for me and the rest of mankind.

I pray that today, the Lord will touch the hearts of every person living and awaken the reality, that without Jesus, were are nothing.

God bless you all
NEO, SOC

* - I don't know how valid that this was the meaning behind this carol, but if it brings us back to remembering why we celebrate the time, then so be it!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you CCC.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.