13 February 2006

The Day After Tomorrow

With the North East covered in such amazing snow, I had to wonder: Is this the culmination of the movie of The Day After Tomorrow? I really enjoyed the movie, but I'll let you check out Robosquirrel's Blogsite for the information on Global Warming. Plus, he is in the middle of it and has a couple of funny posts on the whole issue.

10 comments:

  1. Global warming? Well, lets just say that 100 years or so of data points doesn't really do much for me considering the long term trend. I posted a bit on this topic from my perspective as a geologist and looking at long term data.

    The short end of it is that the minor fiddling we are doing at the recent end of the curve isn't that impressive. Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle and Michael Flynn wrote a wonderful novel Fallen Angels on what the industrialized era might have really done for this little globe of ours. Strangely enough, their projection fits the datapoints... so if there really *is* global warming, then we should be pretty happy about it.

    As it is, well, the facts do speak for themselves. And a 0.001% change in solar output would have similar effects and be almost indetectable to us... and just why *is* Mars warming too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:16 PM

    a jacksonian, I forgot to include this is my funny post. I haven't yet done enough research on the 'global warming' issue to have a respectful position. I was just kidding however I will make it a point to do more research.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that movie a little cold, great special effects though ... we could use a lot more global warming up here, even though I don't believe a word of it. Like Jacksonian said, the period their using to propagate the issue is ridiculously small, not to mention the wealth transfer scam...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want snow! *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  5. a jacksonian
    the conservative comic strip Mallard Fillmore ran a series on that very question (why is Mars getting warmer?) and had a moonbat proffessor saying it was proof that Mars not only had life, but they were greedy capitalistic pigs.

    http://jewishworldreview.com/strips/mallard/2000/mallard101005.asp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with A Jacksonian. Our time on this planet is but a speck on a sandy beach. Who's to say what's occurring isn't but part of its natural cycle?

    I'm of the opinion that there isn't anything we can do to this planet that it can't overcome, because of Higher Power. I watched, at work, the addition of water to a depression in the ground yield a pond, rushes, reeds, small fish, a complete habitat compelling to frogs, snakes, egrets, migrating ducks and other creatures. This was literally something from nothing. An absolute miracle.

    As an aside, did you read of the upcoming movie about so-called Global Warming predicated upon a book by Al Gore? More propaganda, more readily consumed in movie form for those with mush for brains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Global warming? I just don't buy it. We are expecting a freeze here in Central Texas this weekend. I know... they say that colder weather is a sign of global warming. The entire thing doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

    I too would enjoy some actual "snow" instead of an ice storm! Snow... I forgot what it looks like! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey CCC,

    Just wandered over from jgf's blog. I love it! You're a smartypants conservative like me ;). I'll be back.

    <)))><

    ReplyDelete
  9. shoprat - And maybe those Martians could build some ships to come and take over the Earth... *sigh*

    Mr. Z - I just take a look at the data and see *zero* correlation. This is a wonderous planet, and life does many things to it. And the folks generating up the graphs and seeking to *show* something are finding this is a great way to sell books and get speaking engagements. Not that I would think mere cash would influence such things...

    Our little planet has other things in store for us, and with three long term bets coming due in the relatively near-term, I would tend to worry a bit more about those.

    And why is the Greenland ice mass expanding? I mean if its getting *warmer*....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Yeah, about that snow... I barely got enough to build a snowman in a hula skirt. It didn't live up to the hype and was gone within two days. I need to move to a mountain or something. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.