I had a interesting conversation Sunday evening with another wonderful brother in the faith. It blew me away as to how much hatred he has for ,,,,,, Bush. I had to pause because the name seems to cause great emotion to swell in many 'Moorites' (not a decendant of an Israelite).
On many of occasions, he actually asked me to not mention the 'name'. Yet, I found myself concerned that someone so mature in the faith could harbor such bitterness. If, I hated my ex (she screwed me well), as much as many Christians I know hate Bush; I'd be forbidden from many activities. Matthew 5:21-26, speaks out against such vehemence. I was watching an excellent documentary on the History channel on the The 761st 'Black Panther' Tank Battalion. I was talking about how amazing they were and how they managed to only loose about three dozen guys of close to 700. He then gets into the fact that more whites are dying in Iraq than blacks. Huh?
I didn't see the correlation and asked him to clarify. Then the tirade began. "More whites are dying out there because of the one who started the war!"
I couldn't believe my ears! If you met this guy, you'd love him. He doesn't hold punches and is flat out honest. I guess, I honestly never expected such a crazy response from him. Yet, he did love Fahrenhate 4.5/5.5! Now, he has been through a lot growing up; with prejudice people and all; BUT as a believer in Jesus Christ, it must be relinquished at the Cross! I had to do it with my ex, and he and every other Christian BUSH-HATER needs to as well. I am going to try to write him a letter today, so any feedback and prayer would be quite appreciated in that I'll be up to my eyeballs in code.
Hello My Friend:
ReplyDeleteI empathize with you. Of late, I have been attempting to make some sort of bond with past school buddies, and a few of my Practicing Christian cousins. I am appalled at the mis-information that they possess with regard to our party, and to our President. Each of these people, are clinging to the past and the Democrat party of FDR and HST. These good Christian people see Bill "the Zipper" Clinton as "better" than GWB. They support Ted "the Swimmer" Kennedy, merely because he isn't a Republican. With no factual information they run a spiel about the rich being supported by the working class, and the normal drivel of the uneducated. These people believe that the words "ignorant" and "stupid" have identical definition, and will not allow any education in the facts. I truly care about these people, but how in His name do we convince them to not believe us merely for what we say, but to study and learn? You've compared me to Daniel Jackson, (for which I thank you, I am an educator in the school of life), but how would he do it? My nom de querre of "Frankly opinionated" arose because I insist that I live with reality, and state my opinion whether asked or not. I don't give a whit for being politically correct, because it only supports the wrong being perpetuated, and in the end does no good at all. An ex once asked the loaded question: "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" When I replied: "Baby, it isn't the dress." I was the bad guy. From that incident on for the duration of the relationship, I would always ask,(and this goes for life as well): "Do you want the truth, or something nice?" I can give it either way, so long as I know how one wants to hear it. Today, you are in this same quandry. You obviously care about the rapport with your friend, but he is armored against fact. That blemish, that fault is largely what perpetuates this Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. Whites get this, blacks are denied that, and the whole damned mess, is just because people are IGNORANT of the world around them.
nuf sed
ps: check my shop for many new designs. Including my new "family values" section.
I hated my husband in that way. I was told I had to pray for him. I did...God, I hate that S.O.B.! All he's ever done is hurt me. etc. But please bless him and show him your love. Amen. (We are instructed to pray for our enemies.) The biggest reason I did it was because we are told that God will heap red hot coals upon their head. Does it sound like I was angry? I was the sweetest person in the world except for that. I obeyed and I felt better.
ReplyDeleteNeo, I too know of a few believers who hate Bush. Two of my closest friends whom I admire greatly, they are like my second set of parents. I freaked when I found out they hated Bush and didn't really like Kerry but they voted for Kerry anyway! If you look at the democratic platform, it is overloaded with anti-God ideology. You could look up the first 5 things on their platform and find the opposite in scripture.. It is amazing. How could you vote for a party who is o.k. with partial birth abortion and call yourself a Christian? I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteWhen Clinton was president, our pastor urged us to pray for him and quit dogging him because God allowed him to be put in charge, and therefore we respect his place as our president. We don't have to agree with him, but to literally hate him is wrong. I agree.. He asked us how many times we have badmouthed him as opposed to praying for him. (Of course, I was totally convicted because I had just badmouthed him, but I never hated him to the point where I wouldn't allow the mention of his name).
We should be praying for your friends.
The Bush hatred that some people have is irrational. It is based on indoctrinated stereotypes that people have about him.
ReplyDeleteI was so upset at Clinton for how he drug the country through the mud but I finally let go of it and realized that the consequences for his actions would be up to God and not me. And yes I needed to pray for him.
lone pony: I definitely understand the ex-factor! LOL! You gotta feel sorry for those who couldn't appreciate what they had.
ReplyDeleterevka: You're right; the major theme of the dummakrats is anti-Christian. My position is that most of the hatred is most often in the lack of trust in God resolving the person's problems. As horrible as the whole racial problems were in this country, God never stepped off the thrown saying that the He couldn't fix it. But, I think more people are just lemmings who don't pay attention to what their party stands for (and there are conservatives like that too). So, their hope is financial decided rather than spiritually.
lmc: irrational indoctrinated stereotypes! Right on!
Trust me folks. Praying for your enemies of the Cross isn't the easiest thing; but remember that at one point we were all enemies of the Cross as well and someone else was praying for us. Will we see reformation? I personally doubt it because of man's inherit depravity and the reality that there must be a consumation of evil preceding our Lord's return so we may just be on the brink of precipice before the great plunge!
An ex once asked the loaded question: "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" When I replied: "Baby, it isn't the dress." I was the bad guy.
ReplyDeletefrankly opionionated: LOL! And I'll just leave it there for now.
From that incident on for the duration of the relationship, I would always ask,(and this goes for life as well): "Do you want the truth, or something nice?" I can give it either way, so long as I know how one wants to hear it. Today, you are in this same quandry.
sad part about it is that we are so depraved that to receive the truth from someone is so painful because listening means doing a gut change. And we have been sailing along in one mode of life that we're at times too lazy to get up and take down the sail so we can slow and turn our direction. So, we plow forward in errant thinking.
There is one "Bible Believing" Church in our area that has been teaching its members the Bush is the Anti-Christ. I pity the sheep but oooh that shepherd.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard not to hate some people, well nigh impossible. That is what Grace is for. Praying for them, more than anything else, puts things in a new perspective.