20 January 2006

Truth or Dare

I won't rant to long, for my compatriots (see link list to the right) have sufficiently covered the sadness in how a group of people could ignore the facts and posit a view that is void of any common sense. Here is the saddest part of the article:

"It’s a healthy sign that liberals are embracing realism more and conservatives demonstrate that they couldn’t care less about creating an effective foreign policy—rather than posing as trying to do so—when they mock it."

Did I read this correctly? Because it's the crazy liberals who are driving this country into a whole. And unfortunately, there are a many conservative corporate bloodhounds aiding our destruction. So truth or dare:

Forget the truth! Because you can't handle it! (Thanks Jack for the part in the movie; now make it stick in public!).

So I dare you! I dare you to go over to Iraq and Afghanistan and hang out with the troops. Not in your plush hotel rooms, but get out there and understand fear, hope, patriotism you yeyhoos!

Alas, it won't happen because it Chai Tea @ 01:00 p.m. and Bush Bashing @ 12:59 p.m.

15 comments:

  1. The average liberal was taught to think that truth is relative. How in the world are they going to be realistic if truth is relative?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Excellent, Shoprat! But, here's the real but kicker.

    If the liberal really had a brain; they'd realize the paradox of their paradigm. Yet, they are enraptured with themselves so much that it doesn't matter what is truth; as long as they get to sponge of of it. And it doesn't convict them of their stupidity or evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking from the liberal persuasion I will have to disagree – but not completely. It is not of matter of truth being relative but that policies reflect the realities of a given situation. It is easy to paint things as black and white, good and evil, wrong and right when ranting about politics, but it is not so easy to do so when devising a policy.

    Take the war on terror. When it started, everyone was on board. Go get Osama out of Afghanistan and rid the world of the Taliban. I supported that. Iraq is something different and folks simply disagreed with the need to invade that country.

    I and many other people believe that the Iraq war was carried out for the wrong reason and at the wrong time. It is not a matter of not supporting the troops. I’m ex-military and a veteran of the first Gulf War. I was down with it and I have friends that are in Iraq. But I don’t support the policy of this administration.

    Granted, there are some lefty wackos running around and honestly, they could probably use some counseling. But he broad stroke of liberals not caring about truth or hating America or not willing to fight for this country is wrong and frankly, detrimental to the political discourse that should be taking place.

    We are in the process of creating cocooned politics where we only hear and regurgitate those opinions that align with our own. That’s my $0.02

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Good point on cocooning JM; that will cover the $0.02 (or shall we convert to Euros, if your buddies get what they really want?) Also, thank you for your service.

    I am going to up your comment to $20.02 because of this: Granted, there are some lefty wackos running around and honestly, they could probably use some counseling. It's not often that people from your camp can assert such a """truth""" but it's good to hear someone say it. And yes, the problem exists in our camp too.

    Even if we went into Iraq for the wrong reasons; I want to celebrate with the Iraqis because the Emperor was dethrowned and mass rapings/killings of innocent civilians are not as rampant. Granted, now the war is with IEDs and the such to which I commend our troops for enduring such hardships. But, wrong war, wrong time, wrong reason just doesn't help move us out quicker. In your honest opinion; how can we resolve this problem faster???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, Iraq is a mess. Take a look at Paul Bremmer's book. He outlines ALL of the mistakes made. There really is no quick way out of this. The only thing we can do is hope they get their security forces together before a civil war.

    I will say this. Until they deal with the reality that the security forces are made up of militants loyal to their regions, it is going to be a mess. And it will take decades to get that economy off of the ground. I submit to you that we will be talking about this 10 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think we will be talking about this ten years from now. (Reference James Manning's comment)
    I think so many things are going to happen in the next decade to overshadow Iraq it will make our heads spin! I do believe James is correct in saying we need to get a handle on the fact that Iraqi security forces are made up of militants loyal to their regions; but I also believe they want a stable government and they have proven it by the heavy and successful voter turnout.

    I also feel that James is a moderate liberal compared to most of the conversations I've been involved with on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, let me just ruin that assumption for you Gayle :)

    I actually do believe that Bush is a spawn of the devil.

    Well, that's my one moonbat comment that I happen to really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gayle, I think what has been lost in political discourse is the ability to acknowledge the legitamacy of our opponent's argument. I'm not a fan of some black conservatives (Jesse Peterson, Larry Elder) - But when I listen to Joseph C Phillips and others like him, they make perfect since to me. And they have valid points like: black people should not be beholden to the Democrat Party. I agree. Why should we put all of our political eggs in one basket? Especially when we know the man charged with carrying the basket is a klutz.

    Point 2, have black people really gained anything by having the Democrat Party monopolize our vote? No.

    So the question then becomes, why am I a Democrat? It's complex but there is a method to my madness and it comes down to my political philosophy. I can define it but I won't in this rant.

    And truth is, I’m a political junkie so I maneuver through talking point BS like rush hour traffic on the Dan Ryan (Chicago Reference).

    The key is to understand the opposition and engage. Not to say we can’t partake in a little liberal or Bush bashing every once in a while. A man has to have a good laugh every once in a while. But between me calling Bush a spawn of the devil and neo-cons call liberals moonbats – we need to talk.

    Enjoy your weekend folks. I'm glad I found this blog. I found it through People Covered by Fish. It's cool.

    Neo, soc, I am interested in knowing the meaning of the name of you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul, I just saw your comment over at People Covered in Fish (Matthew's blog) and thought I'd pay you a visit. I'm glad I did. I enjoyed reading all your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:26 PM

    JM; Caucasianally-Challenged-Christian is me ironically politically correct. It's basically, like you wanting to strip down the extra flabarbage out there respresented as communication. Mind you, certain slurs could be removed all together. But, it is to let people know, I am Christian then American then Black (not negro; or African-American). I am glad for your contributions and look forward to the interesting diatribes we'll drop on one another.

    Thank pjc; this blogsphere is great. I am meeting some hilarious and intelligent people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First: THANK YOU for the link to the right. Very kind of you!

    Second, sometimes things are actually black and white.

    Third: if we got out of Iraq yesterday, withdrew everything from the Middle East, left Israel to fend for itself, even became Isolationists -- there would still, sooner or later, be a CBN event on our sovereign soil and more terrorist events against our citizens, military and civilian.

    When people think that withdrawing is good -- tell me when appeasement has worked against a bully or group of thugs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just have to know James, that I do not think George Bush is the "spawn of the devil" and I have a very sneaky little hunch that you don't really believe that yourself.

    You are right, the Dems have done nothing for blacks except to make many of them dependent. I'm glad you see that. The Democratic party has changed. It isn't what it used to be, not by a long shot. I voted for John Kennedy and would vote for him again. But his party is not today's party.

    I'm sure I'll see you again. I really don't enjoy debate... I'm not schooled in debating. I do, however, enjoy rational thought, and being a fair person have to admit that although I don't understand your position, you make many good points and don't seem to come across as unfair minded! I wish you a great weekend as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Dude, you even have your own moonbat. That's tight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great site, Guy! I would like to pose some teaser questions tonight.
    What have the democrats ever truly done for the black people of America, as a race?
    Why should the democrats have done anything for the black people of America, as a race?
    What was the primary reason for the formation of the Republican Party?
    Who was its first President?
    What have any of the following ever done for the black people of America, as a race.
    Jesse Jackson
    Al Sharpton
    Charlie Rangel
    Louis Farrakhan
    Hillary Clinton
    or any other pandering person who claims to be doing something for them.
    Why would the black people of America, as a race; even need to "have done for them"?
    Why are so many black people content to think that they are lesser people and need to have special consideration?
    Any of you think that General Honore needs help because he is black? (Hell, I'm white and watched him on FOXNews for days and didn't know he was black until recently, when a blogger brought that out.)
    Why must we refer to blacks as "blacks" and to whites as "Whites"? Are we all so small that we can't refer to them as "Americans", or as "people", or as "Citizens", or as........?
    Segregation is possibly as ugly a blemish as there is on our PAST. Why must we perpetuate it? Why must a white guy who chooses to enter a public park on MLK day, be told: "Wha chu doin' here? Dis ain't yo day." That is racist!
    I wonder if the meatheads out there in the neighborhood, (yes, that's the word; 'hood' is that thing at the top of a Parka, or the thing over the engine on your car), realize that the neo KKK, and Louis the kook Farrakhan both want the same thing? Separation of race! Strange bedfellows, eh?
    In a comment to me, this blogholder belittled the BET network. I must agree! If ever there were a racist TV show, that is one. As long as this country allows and even solicits separationist thoughts we will have this. As an example of Racist Segregation please note:
    Miss Black America
    Negro College Fund
    Black Coaches Association
    Affirmative Action
    Preferencing
    What if any of the above is going to anything at all to further the integration of America.
    For those who believe that this segregation is a viable way to live, just keep on rappin', keep on buying pants with the waist so oversized that you can't even run from the law, (now that is a DUMB way to dress!), keep on talking in a dialect that will assure you that you will not advance in society, and keep on using and not giving. Those of you who are in that genre are really disappointing to the many, many black people who are finding a very good life by throwing their color in the closet and being productive, growing Americans.
    Above, I asked what several people are doing for black people, as a race. Now, I will ask what these people are doing TO the black people, as a race.
    Condi Rice
    Colin Powell
    General Honore
    J.C. Watts
    Larry Elder
    this siteholder
    Why are Black Achievers called Uncle Toms? Because they want to rise above !
    When, and only when, we insist that we are mere Americans, will this country put this out to pasture. So long as black people insist on being recognized for their race and not for their deeds, they will be nothing but "black people". If one feels that it is enough to just be called that, fine; wallow in your mire. You are going nowhere. Perhaps you should analyze this:
    "If you keep doing it as you always have, you can expect to get what you always have, or less."
    If you want a bigger piece of the pie, then slice it that way. If you think you have a mess, that is true. If you don't like that mess, then there is but one thing that you can do- "Wipe your own butt !" It is that simple! Just make your own way. I don't have the time, the energy, or the desire to do for you. If you think that those pandering pimps care, truly care about you getting more in life, you are a loser from the git go. If you want to continue to live in the squalor of the poor-assed white trash, ghetto roaches, just continue to under-achieve and wait for Hillary or Jesse or Louis to support you. Personally, my white ass can't live like that. I have to make it on my own. I wipe my own butt, and can only complain to myself about the outcome. Try it- you are probably a better person than you think you are.
    thanks for the space to rant.
    nuf sed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:45 AM

    franky opinionated: the only reason why I WON'T answer these questions is because I have been asking the SAME questions. Again, I am Christian first, American second, a father, then black. Christ proceeds all for me because He makes my success possible! I have been working for over 22 years. I was unemployed & re- employed during W's first administration. It wasn't his 'incompetence' (as many wallow) that made me lose the job. I walked away after seven years because my family needed me to. And God opened a great door for me afterwards.

    Why be American before being a dad? Because my son needs to see that honor, commitment and patriotism in something greater than myself that benefits the whole country is a respectable mentality, instead of propelling the segregationalist mentality. I have touched on this in another blog (see 1). I have faced my 'racist' challenges in the workforce. I didn't get payed what I was worth. So be it! God didn't want me at that level then! Tough poop (LOL)! Aw, da po black man didn't get what da man got! And guess what, I am over it! When God blesses me, there is nothing anyone can do to me (Romans 8:31-39) to keep me away from that blessing! Death was the only thing due me for my depraved mentality (Romans 6:23); but God in His grace decided to deal me better cards (Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:8,9). So, I chose to work for my success rather than be so insulted as one to relying on crippling assistance. Mind you, it doesn't hurt to be blessed by those in a position to bless you in strapped times. But, anyone in this country who shift-blames and attributes their failure to George Bush (both) or anyone else is a drain on society. Yes, there are still racist people who exist; but the Omnipotent One preexisted them! nuff cedd! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.