"Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last." Author Unknown
26 January 2006
Like reading manuals?
I am a geek and I am proud to be one. I have found this interesting person called a jacksonian who has this blog called Dumb Looks Still Free. Here is a technical mind. Now, I have yet to read through all of the blogs to see if we match ideologically' yet I can appreciate differing opinions. This blogger offered some excellent comments on Rebecca's post Israel Victorious. Check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for your kindness!
ReplyDeleteI write mostly for myself or to help others clarify. Sometimes we can see the right thing in one way and not in another... there are no such things as stupid questions, only poor answers.
And, as my cat Mr. G proves out... dumb looks, are always free!
I write mostly for myself too. Thanks for the site neo!
ReplyDeleteWell, I have to disagree that there are no such thing as stupid questions. Sometimes, when the only people in the house are my husband and myself and I say something to him he will ask: "are you talking to me?" Who else would I be talking to when nobody else is there? So that's an example of a stupid question! :)
ReplyDeleteI'll check out the link but will have to come back another time to do it. It's late and I have a heavy schedule tomorrow. Just caught your comment on LMC's blog and decided to stop by and see what you were up to.
Dpn't know Gayle, you got sycorax believing he's me know ... LOL
ReplyDeleteGayle - I have been asked totally and absolutely rhetorical questions and have actually answered them... although not in the way it was expected. I have had the 'are you talking to me?' experience and have correctly pointed out that there is no way of knowing unless you listened.
ReplyDeleteMostly, I give Dumb Looks... Absolutely Free... and speak volumes more than words...
A Jacksonian: I read your blog and I understand your motivations -- I guess -- but I still find it frustrating that I cannot comment on some salient points from your posts.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it just makes Life easier that way.
bloviating zeppelin - Like Steven den Beste I put careful consideration into comments, and then decided against it as my time and attention truly wander badly and I feel I would neglect worthy commentators. Also, I have no desire to rake through attacks, condemnations and people saying *there is only one right way and let me tell you what it is...*
ReplyDeleteIf my thoughts help spur those of others, so be it. Mine may be wrong-headed, strange and beyond the norm... but that was how I thought... this is my hard attempt to bring some reason to those thoughts, now, while I still am competent enough to do so. I find distractions in other things... and only enter dialogue when I know that the individual will respect me for who I am and know they will get likewise respect in return. I generally keep to myself and only speak when my mind demands I do so.
And even then I clamp down hard to ensure I am civil, congenial and make the points I need to make. Comments would wear me down faster than anything else...
My thanks to you for your kind words, Mr. Z!
I understand.
ReplyDelete