11 January 2010

Avatar is racist?

Avatar is racist

And the stupidity continues. I saw the movie and I liked it. Long but good. Granted there were some themes that I could have done without. At least it was not intellectually offensive like "The Happenings!" Yet, even the maker of that horribly written story had the right to make whatever they so desired. Why? I am glad you asked!

It is their money to waste!

Cameron is a business man. Make what sells! If the White man wins in Pocahontas, Dances with Wolves and even Avatar, so be it!

At the end of the day, money must be made! People need to be paid and thus the economy continues.

Would it have been nice to see something different from the consistent Hollywood theme? Yes! But that is not their responsibility to change. It is ours!

That is why my buddy and I have finished the story of a minority superhero. Just like Denzel is about to come out with the book of Eli. So, I say to those who expect Hollywood to play fair, "Stop whining and make your own movie!"

2 comments:

  1. Dittos! We all gravitate toward movies that depict our personal demographic (mine is white, middle-aged, graying Marice Vet) performing super-human feats or saving the the world from impending doom (Bruce Willis in "Armaggedon"). I guess that's why NCIS is my favorite show and Gibbs is mt favorite graying Marine Vet. However, in "Crimson Tide" (Denzel & Hackman), I identified with Denzel's character as opposed to Hackman's. I guess idealology plays into it; I always pull for the under-dog. The bottom line is, "If you don't like it- Don't watch it". It's still a free Country (for now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correctomundo! Though I appreciate any movie done well. I can't that I gravitated to the Blade series for Snipes. Maybe there will be a trend change, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.