While I was doing my laundry this morning, I heard the most interesting report. "Researchers" say that women should no longer perform self-checks and also should wait until fifty (50) if there is no serious risk.
Funnier is the response from the American Cancer Society because they are completely against it. I am siding with the ACS. The timing of this "recent discovery" and the life of the "healthcare overhaul" is very interesting. Would it be possible that the goal is to reduce the expenses on in the medical market because it will not be covered under Obama-Care? Yes, women! Obama-Care does not want you finding out too soon if you have breast cancer because it will be an issue that makes you unworthy of the proper assessments and treatments for your threatening condition. Do you still want Obama-Care? How about scratching the Obama part and just seek the Care.
The news is probably just misinterpretting results of research, like they usually do. I doubt if it has anything to do with health-care overhaul, since a good national health care plan, such as they have in most countries in Europe, promotes prevention efforts like this over treatment later as being more cost-effective. Unlike my current "private" health care plan which has a very high deductible, and so I can't afford to go see a doctor for preventive care.
ReplyDeleteI tend to agree with you Neo. I lived in Germany for years under their national health care and not only did it create a huge national debt, put my taxes at around 43% of my income and consistently keep national unemployment well over double digits -- they tended to avoid certain preventative testing due to two factors: the government had a larger say in what would be paid and the doctors made about the same salary as a department store manager.
ReplyDelete