06 November 2008

Justifying Ignorance

It is sad when you talk with other Christians who cannot answer your questions and instead of getting to the point; they make it a political issue instead of a moral issue.

Throughout this election process, facts came out about Obama that should shock a Christian who walks according to God's word and say they won't compromise. Yet, every time information was brought to a Christian that should have made their blood curl, they flipped the script and started complaining about what the Republican party was doing wrong.

In an earlier post, I never mentioned anything about left or right, but what God's word says and who introduces the red and blue issue? Not me! The person had to make it a political issue because they know they cannot argue about the moral issue at hand.

You see, as a Christian, my argument will always hold when I make an issue focus on red/blue, right/left, conservative/liberal. I can argue until I am blue in the face. But, if every Christian answers the question from a moral perspective, then they cannot stand in their argument. And when they stand before God, they cannot bring the red/blue issue before God.

2 comments:

  1. Too many rely on their pastors and Church newsletters and not enough on personal knowledge of the Holy Writ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoprat nailed it. And those people treat politics the same way, rather than seek the truth themselves they frame their beliefs within what they have been told about blue and red.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.