"Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last." Author Unknown
20 September 2008
Every Vote Counts
Obviously, you know where I stand. But the purpose of this article is to encourage you to encourage everyone you know to vote. Even if it means more votes for the candidate you do not like. At least when everyone participates, we can look at the numbers and see what America wanted to do. So while you may disagree with someone, even if they prove that they should not only vote but not think; encourage them to vote.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Neo, I don't think I want people voting who don't understand the issues. I do think every Americn should vote, but I also happen to think that they should be informed when they do vote. If we ever get to the point where the majority of voters don't know the issues and only vote for a candidate based on the candidate's looks or the way he or she sounds, we're screwed.
ReplyDeleteI agree and maybe I should have been more clear. I think we need to get these people informed to know what is going on. For example, I have a video of American politics that if any black person chose to be democrat afterwards, it would be in total stupidity. It shows how Blacks had Civil Rights in the 1800s because of the Republican party. It showed how Blacks had positions in Congress as Republicans for years. It shows how the Democrats voted against Civil Rights for blacks and even intimidated black voters because their votes for Republicans were causing them the elections.
ReplyDeleteWhat's the name of that video, Neo? I'd like to get it.
ReplyDeleteIf we ever get to the point where the majority of voters don't know the issues and only vote for a candidate based on the candidate's looks or the way he or she sounds, we're screwed.
ReplyDeleteOh, Gayle. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but we're screwed.
http://armed-and-christian.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-weep-for-future.html