25 December 2009

Born to Die

Born to Die

Emanuel, God is with us. This was Act One of God's love toward us. He broke the barrier of time and space to come here from eternity to be the perfect sacrifice for our sins (you know, those evil intentions we have no matter how good we think we are). But a theatre never closes on the first act.

Act Two is the death on... the cross. The miracles, the healings, the teachings were nice but the Sacrifice was the purpose of the Birth.

Act Three is raising from the dead to reaffirm to us He is the One True God who has the power over life, death, and time.

So, if He came through on those promises, why not do the same for everything else He said? So, when we tear open our gifts today, think of the Baby Born Whose Body would be torn so we would never receive the punishment due us. As we bag up the wrapping and boxes to toss them away, think of the Baby Born to rest in a grave thirty-three years later so we can rest with the Father for eternity. As we lose our zeal and appreciation for the splendid Gift of the Baby Born, know this: His body does not occupy a landfill like our earthly gifts of Christmas past because He lives! He reigns in Heaven loving on us and waiting for more to accept Him as Lord and King.

Merry Blessed Day
The Lord came to clean our wretched way!

--Watson Prunier, SOC

7 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you this day, Sir Watson.

    MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy New Year to you!

    BZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I went to Lisa's website.

    I wish she wrote more. Perhaps every day. She could potentially have a MASSIVE audience. She has a great and underappreciated perspective.

    BZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your voice is back - What play? (post below)
    Thank you for this overview ---

    How great minds work :-)
    I'm posting historical overviews on HIS story too...
    C-CS

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great post. Enjoyed how you delivered this message. It took me 42 years to really, really surrender all to the Lord. I grieve about all the missed blessings that I could have and should have received. I am new at this blogging stuff, I will return so keep it coming.

    Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you all enjoyed the post and I pray that you all had a blessed Christmas season and a better New Year. Prayerfully, things have started off on the Right foot (no pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.