02 June 2006

Freedom of Expression or Peversion

While reading this article on whether or not we should restrict porn domains to '.xxx', I decided to take the poll included titled "Should there be a special Internet domain for pornographic sites?". Here are the results:
70%- Yes, a virtual red-light district would make it easier to keep kids away from porn.
15%- No, a ".xxx" domain would legitimize porn and do little to keep it away from kids.
10%- No, requiring certain sites to use a special Web domain would limit free speech.
05%- I'm not sure.

Of course, I voted and am in the 70%. That's a given! If the government agencies have a domain, why not pornsites? It would make filtering out the sites a lot easier and that's the real problem here!

It's not an issue of rights violation, but rejective volition. Network administration would be eased significantly, if the firewalls and proxy servers could block out anything with a '.xxx' extension. Online porn annually grosses at least $20 billion and they know that the moment this goes into affect it will dramatically reduce their revenue. It's all about the money! Plain and simple!

5 comments:

  1. It would definitely help on the browser side, and make things easier for parental control, but nothing would help on the mail side. It's a constant full time battle adjusting and filtering email with all the spoofing and hijacking that goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We the Parents are the problem, period.
    Porn exists because there is a demand for it.
    Kids need to be taught right from wrong.
    If we as parents don't teach the lessons. Society will.
    We need to quit blaming the gas for the car wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I put my wife on your prayer request item.
    She has a ton of prayer warriors that get together once a week and offer prayer to thoose in need.

    She said the order for this week is
    George Bush, and then your friends issue.

    George needs all the help he can get these days...
    We wish your friend all the best... and will keep him in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for either pornography or censorship. By limiting pornography to one area may make it easier to control and that may be the best solution IF we can find a way to force the "adult entertainment" people to stick to it. That would be the hard part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If such a system could work and the sick people who provide this stuff abided by it, I am all for it. I think one solution is that if they don't abide by it, they could be reported and their site shut down. How? I don't know. I do wish something would done about it.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.