"Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last." Author Unknown
02 June 2006
Black Power
I have beaten this horse dead on the issue of the black man in American culture today. Read this article on the reality of the prosperity/peril of the black man. My only contention is that we move away from the "entitlement" mentality flooding the country today. I will not say there are biases against blacks, but I will most definitely say that black man are not obligated to be a thug, gangsta or negligent father to more than two (2) babies from more than one woman. I don't care what your ethnicity is, comment. If you must, speak even from your experience as a white, hispanic or whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whatever. You know my feelings on this as well as anyone. People are people. As a man thinks within himself, so he is, and just as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. While it may be true that it is more common for Blacks to be wrongfully convicted of crimes, many, many times it is a case of them doing the wrong thing in the wrong place at the wrong time anyway. If you don't want to be connected with criminals then don't hang around them.
ReplyDeleteJust so I don't provoke any blog-stalkers who feel they need to perform some bizarre expression of latent homosexuality disguised as defending you against me and my "racialist" views, let me add that in my personal experience, I have Black friends whom I would trust more to raise my children than my own family, that I know more affluent, responsible Blacks than Whites, and I have been exposed to equal amounts of Black thugs and White trash.
I have dealt with black men that I would readily trust behind my back under any and all circumstances. I have ran into both whites and blacks (and others) that wouldn't turn my back on for the blinking of an eye. It's not the color of skin, but the character the skin contains.
ReplyDeleteMy experience is that the best people of skin different skin colors are the ones who let me treat them as merely human and treat me the same way. Those who see me as "White" are difficult to deal with.
PS When I was 21, 22 years old, the "love of my life" was a lovely multi-racial girl 3/4 white and 1/4 black. She is in her mid 40s now and still a strikingly attractive lady. Like character, beauty knows no skin color.
ReplyDeleteFirst off, not that it really makes much difference, I am Anglo and my fiance is Mexican/Indian.
ReplyDeleteSecond, if you read him, John McWhorter has identified a trio of pathological behaviors he believes responsible for trapping blacks on the road to inequality. And that trio would be:
1. The Cult of Victimology;
2. The Cult of Separatism;
3. The Cult of Anti-Intellectualism
I happen to believe he's right. And Right.
Along with Ohio's black Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Blackwell, and Maryland's black Republican Lt. Governor Michael Steele.
The Dems offer only the status quo: poor me, bigger government, slaves in the projects.
Republicans offer hope, movement, a CHANCE to move ahead.
But the Poverty Pimps profit from keeping their OWN PEOPLE down. Yes. Al Sharpton. Jesse Jackson. Even the ACLU.
BZ
Bloviating Zeppelin lays this on the "poverty pimps", and quite rightly so, except that he has left off the rest of the pack. The liberal politicians who have said: "Black person, you are not equal to white me, so we must give you an edge. Without my help you just cannot make it." I don't think that Condi Rice, Tiger Woods, Caucasionally Challenged Christian, and many others of color bought into that mess, and they seem to be doing fine. A commenter above,(didn't scroll back up to see who), said something like: "you are who you think you are." Very good! Just as there are those who feel that the laws that we blacks and whites are supposed to obey don't apply to the illegal immigrant. Bull Puckey. This country is for all people of all colors, creeds and backgrounds, so long as they assimilate themselves into our society. and no! There is no White man society and another for the black man. Those who think there is are just mental midgets, waiting for a free ride, and a free ride just is not coming. As a white person, well traveled, and always aware of that around me, I know that the most racist of all is the black person who wants a free ticket. Klanners are idiots who are so cowardly as to have to cover their faces, they don't even count they are so few. Segregation will end only when black people throw out the rhetoric of Jesse J. , Charley Rangel, and their ilk. Those panderers would benefit greatly if they could irk some white idiots into killing a couple of dozen black people. Why doesn't the black community, (Why is there a "black community), flog these bastards right out of the neighborhood? These special "rights" that the libs have "given" black people harness them, and prevent their acceptance into the society of Americans.
ReplyDeleteThe true disparity lies in poverty, not race. As long as we prop up the slackers of any color, we won't have true integration. Just like in Iraq, as long as the neighborhood tolerates illegal activity, it will be the ruling force.
A few black neighborhoods have run out the dealers, slackers, and users of people, to find that they are even better than many "white" neighborhoods.
Folks, It ain't about black! Smell the coffee. If you feel that you, as a black, are less than me, as a white, you friend are a loser. I have 1 head, 2 arms, and 2 legs attached to my torso, are you any diferently constructed? How is my life better than yours?
nuf sed, and thanx for the space to rant.