21 March 2008

Prelude to a Kiss

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things had already been accomplished, to fulfill the Scripture, said, "I am thirsty." A jar full of sour wine was standing there; so they put a sponge full of the sour wine upon a branch of hyssop and brought it up to His mouth. Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. John 19:28-30

Through all the pain He suffered for our benefit, He never walked away from His task. I know as Christians we don't always live like our Christ. However, that does not nullify the reality of the greatest event in history. There is more evidence to support the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ than any other event in history. There is more documentation supporting the accuracy of the Bible (NASB, NIV, KJV) than any other book of antiquity. The Bible was not written originally in those languages but what we have today that has been translated, Christians can take confidence in its reliability.

I have had the skeptics visit my site and lambast Christianity. That's alright, because Jesus said it would happen. It's only a shame that many can spend so much time tearing Jesus apart when they could really get to know Him and have a better perspective on life. I do not know what hurt you experienced to reject Christianity. Maybe it was a priest or some other member of the church who did something horrible to you. May you find relief and solace from the wrong done to you in the name of my God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit).

Not minimizing your experience, but the reality of it does not change the fact that 2,000 years ago this day, Jesus hung, bled and died. It was done for me, you and everyone regardless of their decision to accept this gift of love. I pray that you will see His love past your hurts and make the decision to ask Him into your life. Don't be afraid, if your friend and family rejects you for doing so. You will have a bigger family of those who love you. We will make mistakes, but we love you.

His death was needed because there was nothing we could do because of our depraved hearts and we were separated from God because we've rejected Him all our life. All you need is one bad act and that's enough to wipe away a billion-gazillion-eternity good things. But, hope comes because His death means life for those who believe. It's an awesome thing because this plan to rescue us was constructed long before the world was created and was executed with the full knowledge that we'd reject Him. That's real love! Here is what we are all required to do to become part of the family:

Recognize our brokenness and inability to reconcile ourselves to God. Recognize that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus was the sufficient and only means of us being reconciled back to God. Cry out to God that we understand this love He has for us. Then finally say, we want Him to come into our lives and become the Pilot of our hearts, mind and soul.

The choice is yours.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Morphius,
    You say you know Jesus and I say I can make these stones know more about Jesus than you do.
    I have written a short piece on two pastors who know Jesus from themselves. I hope you enjoy it.
    http://kinderling.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-am-your-last-hope-james-manning.html#links

    Kinderling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Oops, Two Pastors

    Kinderling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 AM

    And finally they speak. Longer than I imagine and nothing but garbage.

    ReplyDelete

Attention to those who have nothing to offer other than mindless drill or just want to harass me: DROP DEAD!

To the others whom I have enjoyed over the years, don't waste you breath on those morons. We have better things to do like contributing to society in a positive way.