"Only one life, 'Twill soon be past; Only what's done for Christ will last." Author Unknown
28 May 2006
Why Stick Around
We have looked at extending our lifespan as humans for so long. Yet, with all the corruption and decay (morally and physiologically), I can't understand why people would want to hang around any longer. We as humans cannot achieve the utopian state because we're too self-centered to accomplish such a great task. I will give you in a few why I might stick around. I am not a fatalist, but what reasons would you want to stay around for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not me ... one lifetime is enough ...
ReplyDeleteI said it in Mr. B's Sys Theo class, and I'll say it again: I cannot imagine a paradise without single-malt scotch, cigars, sex, pheasant hunting, and dry martinis. I know that what God has in store is far better than anything I could do or wish for myself, but I am selfish. It makes me nervous that His best for me is not always what I want. Since I am unsure that my Heavenly Father places the same degree of importance on scotch, shooting, sex, and cigars, I will do what I can to stick around and enjoy them in this life for fear they may not be manifest in the next one.
ReplyDeleteYou're crazy A&C!
ReplyDeleteIt may be true. IIRC, Prof. Baxter said the same thing when I told him that my conception of Heaven was similar to a large estate with a Cricket pitch, and I could spend my evenings enjoying heavenly martinis and magnificent cigars while discussing theology and playing snooker with John Calvin, the Apostle Paul, and Charles Spurgeon.
ReplyDelete