As I was driving into work today, as I was listening to one of my favorite radio guys, Glenn Beck, I was shocked twice. The first shock came as I heard of this new means of gift giving for Mother's Day. It was called a "Mother-Me" gift. The issue here is that instead of focusing on a gift of improvement for the mother; the individual focuses on improving themselves, so they'll spend money on themselves instead. The second shock came about twenty minutes, or so, later when a woman was eager to get her two year old into daycare because she believed exposing her child to her mother for a full twenty-four hours was too traumatic! I don't live in a bubble and definitely know how the kids can wear you down; however! An action planned or not to become a parent comes with the responsibility of being one!
I spent the third weekend in a row with my son and I love it! It was great because we can be goofy together and do silly things. I wanted to to see Flight 93 and MIII but could not because their rating was inappropriate for my six year old. So, I waited until he was back with his mother to see it.
I am beginning a series about how selfish we can be; and it will cite instances in which, we sacrifice others for our own greed.
a woman was eager to get her two year old into daycare because she believed exposing her child to her mother for a full twenty-four hours was too traumatic
ReplyDeleteI think you are misconstruing her intentions, Neo. This woman should be applauded for knowing the extent of human limits. After all, don't you think that 24 hours with your ex would be too traumatic for anyone--let alone a child?
I know how you feel about seeing your son; I just bought plane tickets for my nine-year-old daughter to come visit me after I move to Jacksonville, FL, next month. She's flying alone for the very first time! They grow up too fast, man.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be great having her in the new house, spending time with her new baby brother and grandmothers, Aunt Blackstar, Red and me. We're also doing a "family day cruise" a few days before we leave for deployment, so she's going to get to go underway with us and shoot the big guns and all kinds of cool stuff. I can't wait!