I think this is quite interesting and also a wonderful idea. This is a person who decided not to just complain, but has the power and resources to make something happen. I like this idea, but I bet it will be blocked and protested by jerks like the ACLU and you know the ULSR is not going to be happy about this. Just as homosexuals argue for acceptance, this idea should receive the same amount of acceptance. But, I bet you they will argue that the people will discriminate against openly professed gays and other deviants.I pray that they don't filter out people who need to hear about Christ. I understand the need for sterlization; I just hope they won't use napalm bombs to do it. I agree with the plan, I just hope it doesn't develop into a cult.
I see nothing wrong with small enclaves of one group of people as long as the people are willing and it does not interfere with the people outside the enclave.
ReplyDeleteMy own brotherhood (denomination) has an small enclave in central Michigan that we have quietly maintained for about 100 years by selling property only to long standing members. I wouldn't want to live there but I do like going to the campground.
I see nothing wrong with it as well. I am happy with the concept. I think many more of these should have existed long ago in society that maybe we could have impacted better.
ReplyDeleteI see nothing wrong with it. I'm not Christian, and I have the choice not to settle there if I don't want to. I don't see what the ACLU goons are having a problem with. If you're not Catholic, don't move there! It's that simple! It's not like you're already living there, and the Catholics are moving in and changing the rules under which you live... ferpetessake!
ReplyDeleteI'm a Pagan, and I understand the simple concept of choice... Good grief!
It will be interesting to see what happens. I agree that it wouldn't be "illegal." One still has a choice to live there or not.
ReplyDeleteGood for Monahan! We need more like him. This idea, if it goes through, will probably spread like wildfire.
ReplyDeleteQuoting from the article you linked to:
""This is un-American," Kissling said. "I don't think in a democratic society you can have a legally organized township that will seek to have any kind of public service whatsoever and try to restrict the constitutional rights of citizens." I don't see why not! No-one has to buy a home there who doesn't want to! We even give public aid to illegal immigrants!
We have all sorts of religious communities in this country but we're not allowed to have a "Christian" community. I think if the libs fight this to the wall they are really going to be shooting themselves in the foot... again.
This is making me want to order Domino's ... give em hell Monaghan!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids were telling me about this today. They were worried about no birth control methods allowed.
ReplyDeletelone pony: The sad part about that is that they should never have to worry about that but with Hollywood's pro-rebellion, pro-decadence, pro-depravity mentality; our kids get programmed to want more than they need. Instead of being kids; they are being forced to be adults a lot sooner.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Wow, didn't know about this. From what i have heard, i think it is japan, but they have communities kind of like this where they live, work eat in the same place.. a town within a town, but I am not sure it is the same as far as governing. This is interesting.
ReplyDelete